Photobucket Photobucket Therapy dogs spread happiness, love, and cheer to people who otherwise might be lonely, sad or slow to heal. This is the journey of Cayman, a longhair miniature dachshund and his journey and experiences visiting becoming a therapy dog.

Did you know that pet visits often spark good memories of a person's own pets? Dogs often can reach people and children who have withdrawn from the world. It's been suggested by science that petting a dog can lower blood pressure, reduce anxiety and stress, and promote healing.

baby

Photobucket

Guestbook- PLEASE Sign!

Loyal Followers

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Shopping!

Today I had to make a trip to Petco to get some more Halo Dream Coat supplement since I have been out for a few days. I ended up getting 8 in 1 Excel Nurticoat since it was a better deal and had similar ingredients. Sure its not as all natural as Halo Dream Coat was, but since I supplement it daily, I need to get the deals when I find them. I also got a great deal on Perfect Coat Nourishing Naturals Aloe Vera revitalizing soap-free dog shampoo. Since I am a Petco PALs card holder, I got the buy one, get one free deal so I picked up two bottles since I love the smell and the fact that its soap-free so it will not leave an residue on the dog's coats. The other item I got was Petco's Bitter Break spray to discourage Cayman from chewing on things like the cords to the living room lamps and our shoes.

I also ordered my first month of NuVet Plus vitamins. They are suppose to be this miracle supplement that is especially beneficial for dachshund's spines (my next blog will go into greater detail as the benefits of this product seem endless!). I ordered the 90 wafer bottle as it will be a month supple for my poodle and for Cayman. I set it up so that they will automatically ship me a 90 wafer bottle every 30 days and bill my credit card. This way I can keep it in supply.
 
My other purchase, and the most exciting one, is the personalized scrapbook die cut I ordered off eBay from Crafters Outpost. I had seen that they had smooth coated dachshund die cuts and sent an email to the owner a week ago, asking if she could create a longhair dachshund variety. Well, she did! I can't wait to get it for Cayman's scrapbook. While I was out today at Petco, I stopped by JoAnn Fabrics to check out their scrapbook supply. I found this awesome pad of 8x8 dog themed papers but figured I better be good with my money and wait till next payday (or until I can track down a store coupon for a percentage off single item that the newspaper sometimes has). Anyhow, here is an example of what the die cut will look like, but with Cayman's name. I decided to order it in the same color shown in the example since it was so close to his real color! It's it too perfect?
 

As you might already know, I supplement my dogs dry Canidae dog food with boiled organ meat. The first few weeks of having Cayman home, I used chicken hearts. Last week was beef hearts. This week the dogs got to enjoy beef kidneys and thank goodness I love my dogs and want the best for them because beef kidneys STINK when you cook them. Yuck! But in nature one of the first parts of the animal wild dogs consume is the tender organ meats so buy putting a few smelly morsels on top of their dry food (mixed with the healthy oils supplements) gives them the closest glimpse of their primitive and natural eating habits.

Plus the benefits of the organ meats and other supplements and quality dog food are showing in all three of the dogs coats. Cayman's is getting glossier and glossier as his adult fur in coming in; Zoey, our toy poodle, is experiencing the thickest her coat has been since I got her eight years ago; and Roxy, the chronic itchy and scratcher, beagle mix has a thick, full, and shiny coat and doesn't scratch her back in the underneath side of chairs and other furniture till it bleeds anymore! Hurray!

No comments: