Photobucket Photobucket Therapy dogs spread happiness, love, and cheer to people who otherwise might be lonely, sad or slow to heal. This is the journey of Cayman, a longhair miniature dachshund and his journey and experiences visiting becoming a therapy dog.

Did you know that pet visits often spark good memories of a person's own pets? Dogs often can reach people and children who have withdrawn from the world. It's been suggested by science that petting a dog can lower blood pressure, reduce anxiety and stress, and promote healing.

baby

Photobucket

Guestbook- PLEASE Sign!

Loyal Followers

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Zukes Mini Naturals- You Gotta Get These!

I am so excited! I got my CGC Program Participant handbook from the AKC and my "The Canine Good Citizen- Every Dog Can Be One" book from Amazon.com which looks to be a great book. I can't wait to begin working with Cayman with the exercises mentioned in there today.


Since joining Petco's PetPals club, I got two coupons in the mail. One was for a free pound of treats from the treat bar and the other was for 10% my entire transaction. So yesterday while the family was on our way to Estero Community Park playground, we restocked our dog food supply (Wellness Lamb, Barley and Salmon blend this time for variety- my second bag towards my free bag program of buy 10 get 11th free), our free pound of treats, and some new all natural training bits.

These training treats are perfect! They are called Zuke's Mini Naturals Healthy Moist Miniature Dog Treats in peanut butter formula. They are tiny and meaty and low in calories which I needed in a training treat. Also they are all natural which is what I had been looking for as they have no wheat, corn, soy, articifial colors, flavors, added fat or by-products. But the best part of all? They are made in the USA and a portion of the profits go to the Dog and Cat Cancer Fund! The 6 oz bag is a little costly, about $5.35 a bag, but my local Petco has been doing these over the phone surveys which after completion give you a code which then saves you $2 off any purchase of $5 of more so I used my last survey code coupon for this bag. Since I am in Petco all the time, I get these surveys on every other transaction so I will just save them for buying Zukes treats whenever possible.

1 comment:

Neabear said...

That just goes to show, it is who you know and who you do business with that gets you these kinds of specials. Sounds like you are having a great time with Cayman.