Photobucket Photobucket Therapy dogs spread happiness, love, and cheer to people who otherwise might be lonely, sad or slow to heal. This is the journey of Cayman, a longhair miniature dachshund and his journey and experiences visiting becoming a therapy dog.

Did you know that pet visits often spark good memories of a person's own pets? Dogs often can reach people and children who have withdrawn from the world. It's been suggested by science that petting a dog can lower blood pressure, reduce anxiety and stress, and promote healing.

baby

Photobucket

Guestbook- PLEASE Sign!

Loyal Followers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Vaccination and Other Paperwork Keeper






Having a dog means having more paperwork than you probably know what to do with. In my case, it meant trying to cram all of it in one of those paper envelopes that has a flap where you record vaccination and other medical history. With all the papers and brochures I had, I was tearing mine at the seams. So I got this great idea of using one of those filing folders for checks. I then was able to label each of the pockets for things like "vaccinations", "training", "meds" and "vet receipts". I even got a different color for each of my pets- Cayman got aqua, Zoey got pink, and our cat got purple. Now when I take any of my pets to the vet or something, all their paperwork is not only together, but also organized. I got these file folders at Walmart for about $5 a piece. Its cool because it even has two business card sized pockets of the back where I put their vet's business card. I suggest everyone with a pet- dog or cat- try this out!

1 comment:

Neabear said...

That is a really good idea for keeping your pet information together. Easy to take with you if you need to. Clever! I should make sure Sara is aware of it. I don't know if she has checked out our new blogs, meaning yours and mine.