Photobucket Photobucket Therapy dogs spread happiness, love, and cheer to people who otherwise might be lonely, sad or slow to heal. This is the journey of Cayman, a longhair miniature dachshund and his journey and experiences visiting becoming a therapy dog.

Did you know that pet visits often spark good memories of a person's own pets? Dogs often can reach people and children who have withdrawn from the world. It's been suggested by science that petting a dog can lower blood pressure, reduce anxiety and stress, and promote healing.



Guestbook- PLEASE Sign!

Loyal Followers

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Not Really Dachshund Related, But.....

Dear Friends:

I am writing to you today to tell you about the Komen Southwest Florida Race for the Cure® event that my organized team “Saving Second Base!” and I will be taking part in on Saturday, March 14, 2009. My hope is to not only “imagine a world without breast cancer” but to also do my part to help find the cures. I will be joining more than 7,000 participants, including young children and seniors in an effort to help raise funds to find the cure for breast cancer.

Many have been directly effected by or have known of someone that has been diagnosed with breast cancer. That is why I need your help. I have set a goal of raising at least $500. Any help that you can provide, to help me reach my goal, would be greatly appreciated. Last year, participants rose over $811,000 and had a total of 6,345 participants in the race. Your participation will bring much needed funds to the fight against breast cancer. Just think, a $150 donation will fund one mammogram which could change the life of one individual forever, but ANY dollar amount that is raised makes a difference as there is 1 person that diagnosed with breast cancer EVERY 3 MINUTES and 1 person dies from breast cancer EVERY 13 MINUTES in the US according to the 2008 statistics.

Please keep in mind that thousands of men and women who reside in Southwest Florida cannot afford breast healthcare each year and benefit as a result of funds raised through the Komen Race for the Cure® by receiving screenings, education, and treatments.

And just so you know where your generosity goes, up to 75 percent of the net funds raised in our community help the Southwest FL medically uninsured and underserved. The remaining 25 percent of the net funds raised supports the National Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking research around the world. And as always, your donation is 100% US tax-deductible.

Remember EVERY dollar matters! Please, please, please help me!

If you would like to donate please visit my url at:
http://race. komenswfl. org/goto/shawnalaufer-savingsecondbase

No comments: