Photobucket Photobucket Therapy dogs spread happiness, love, and cheer to people who otherwise might be lonely, sad or slow to heal. This is the journey of Cayman, a longhair miniature dachshund and his journey and experiences visiting becoming a therapy dog.

Did you know that pet visits often spark good memories of a person's own pets? Dogs often can reach people and children who have withdrawn from the world. It's been suggested by science that petting a dog can lower blood pressure, reduce anxiety and stress, and promote healing.

baby

Photobucket

Guestbook- PLEASE Sign!

Loyal Followers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

DWB Holiday Card Exchange


I have just received my copy of the 2008 Dogs With Blogs Holiday Card Exchange mailing list. This is gonna be fun!!!

There are 144 participants from all over the world! Most are from the US and there are about 47 international participants from placed like Gibraltar, Australia, United Kingdom, Mexico, Malaysia, Switzerland, Spain, Singapore, Costa Rica, the Philippines, Canada, the Netherlands, Tokyo, England, and Taiwan! Part of the exchange is you have the option pick if you would like to receive snail mail, as in the old fashion card in the mail, or an e-card. Most picked either or, while some picked only snail mail or only e-cards. I personally choose either. I would rather have a traditional holiday card via snail mail but I understand that postage can be expensive, especially if it is international so I will happily take an e-card too!

The coordinator for this fun program suggest having them all mailed out the beginning of December so I better get working on these! I would love to get a picture of Cayman dressed up in his reindeer costume I bought him. How cute would that be?!

I will try to post the e-cards I receive as well as scan any traditional holiday cards that come in the mail to share with you all. What a wonderful way to connect with people you would not otherwise ever get the chance to meet and all who share a common love of dogs with blogs (and kitties and hamsters I am told, LOL) during the best time of year, the howl-a-days! :)

It might not be too late, get on the list too!
http://dogswithblogs.com.au/christmas.htm

1 comment:

Lorenza said...

We want to send off our cards now but we have to wait for the amendments... we notice our address is not complete!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza